Sunday, January 06, 2008

Temptation....temptation....

Last night the girl had a big party at my house. It was sprinkling a little bit, so instead of locking me and BLU in the back yard, she locked us in her bedroom. We were stuck in there for 5 hours. FIVE HOURS! And look...... she had a box of tissues right in my reach. Look at how yummy those tissues look. Just think about how much fun they would be to pull out of the box. How exciting it is when they fly in the air. The delightful noise they make when the rip apart. Guess what that box looked like when the girl finally let us out????


It looked exactly the same! I resisted temptation and didn't touch the tissues. I didn't bark. I didn't whine. I didn't scratch at the door. I just waited nicely until the party was over and the girl let us out. That was my birthday gift to our girl (her birthday is this week). Last year she didn't like the bird I caught for her birthday, so this year I decided to let her have a nice party. She really liked that gift.
~Comet

I think Comet is such a brown noser! Sheeeesh. He acts like it is such a gift to be good. I'm good all the time. That's not really a gift. I'm going to wait until the girl's birthday and give her lots of kisses. Now that's a gift!
~~BLU

{The girl adds..... I was very proud of both Comet and BLU last night. They were both so good. About an hour into the party, I remembered that I forgot to put the tissues away. I really expected to find a shredded box - and thought that's why Comet was so quiet. I was delighted to find the tissues undamaged. They both got a few slices of cheese as a reward.

Then tonight, I gave them a couple pieces of raw beef before cooking dinner, and then a couple of more pieces from my stir fry. Good behavior gets rewarded and they both deserved a reward.}

15 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh you sure are very good Comet. what a pawsome gift for your girl

~ Girl girl

Molly the Airedale said...

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it pays to behave! That stir-fry dinner looks yummy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

That is so amazingly good of you both - what a great birthday preset for your girl!

Keep up the good work!

River

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, you were such a good boy Comet. Woh, that pan of stuff looks really delicious!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Murphey said...

Wow, that tissue probably would have been too much temptation for me and the Reilly man, and there is no way that Reilly wouldn't have barked and whined the whole time of the party. Good for you two!

Murph

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow you 2 were so good. Louie and I would have shredded that box of tissues.. We don't have the will power you 2 do...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Joe Stains said...

GOOD job guys! I am glad you weren't victim to the sploding tissue boxes. All of those rewards definitely sound worth the patience!

Peanut said...

Good job Comet. Hey girl can I have some of your stir fry also? Oh happy birthday my mom's was yesterday

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends!
Glad to hear that you two behaved very well! I know about those tempations! Sure the reward was the best part of it!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Ok, ok, I guess good behavior does pay off. Way to be such a good dog. Just don't set the bar too high for the rest of us.

Your pal,
Kirby

Luckie Girl said...

What a thoughtful barkday gift for your girl! Oh dog, that stir dry looks yummylicious!!

Anonymous said...

What's that on the table (top left of the stir fried yum-ness)? Looks like a giganto fly!

But really...kudos to the both of you! I would have fried up those tissues in good time!

Huskee and Hershey said...

Oh wow.. well done guys! I am glad your girl rewarded u duly for your good behaviour!
Happy Birthday to your Girl!!

Amber said...

Yumyum, the stir fried dish din din ! droool!! Good behavior sure pays off!

Amber!!

Hana said...

That's all fine and dandy that you both were well behaved while locked in the bedroom, but what I wanna know is how come I wasn't invited to your girl's party?
Signed,
Hana the Dog
p.s. I hear a ribbit right now. I think a frog is nearby my house. Isn't that just too weird? I think I have to go outside to dogvestigate!