Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Buzz About Bees

Hana just gave us the most amazing news! She nominated us for the Awesome Blog Award! We are just so honored and excited to be nominated. Thank you Hana! That was such a sweet thing to do.

Know what else is sweet? Honey! Bees make honey, so they must be sweet too.

I like to chase bees and want to find out if they taste as good as the honey they make. But try as I might, I haven't caught one yet. They zip around outside and make a buzzzzzing noise. Sometimes they fly in the house and make more buzzzzzzing noises. Then they buzzzzz and bang against the windows. I can't wait to taste a yummmmmmy buzzzzzzy beeeee!
Today, I found a book on how to Bag Big Bugs. Maybe it will tell me how to catch bees.
Let's see.....beetles....butterflies....bees! Score! There are pages on how to catch bees. Some have kind of scary names though. There are cicada killers, tarantula hawks, and cow killers! Yikes! All I want is information about regular bees!
Ha! Found it! Now armed with my knowledge I'm ready to catch all sorts of bees. Because you are my friends, I'll let you in on the secrets........
Ummmmm....Comet. Before you share that information, you might want to take a look at this book.....

Wow, BLU, that's some scary stuff in that book.

Sorry friends, I can't tell you how to catch a bee. I just found out that they bite. On BOTH ENDS! And if they bite you with their butt, it hurts more than if they bite you with their teeth!

So here's the buzz on bees - let them be and don't try to bite them. They bite back!


15 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Comet, bees sound scary. Good thing you warn us about them. I wouldn't want bee to bite me

~ Girl girl

Peanut said...

glad you figured that out. My mom just told me the story of her american eskimo who ate a bee once and wasn't a happy camper

Amber-Mae said...

Congrats for being nominated! I've never seen a bee before but I'm sure they are fun to go after!

Love licks,
Solid Gold dancer

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your nomination!
Mitch and I both Airesnap at bees! We think it's a pretty fun sport!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lenny said...

Hey Comet, congratulations on your nomination! I've never chased a bee, but I chase crickets a lot. They don't bite.

Your friend, Lenny

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Comet & Blu,
Saw yur comment on our bloggie page. We'll have mommy add you to our friends' list & hope you do the same wif ours. The next time you stops by, please sign our guestbook.

We both like to chase bees. But our mommy gets really upset & yells at us when she catches us doing it. She mutters sumthing about a raction. Sos if we do snap at them, we do it when mommy is not around. Also, beetles sure are crunchy!
Til next time,
-Cosmos & Juneau-

Huskee and Hershey said...

I'd say STAY AWAY from the bees guys! I remember watching some program on Animal Planet about bee stings!! Ewwwwwww........

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Louie is always trying to catch bugs too. I like catching zacada's, mom calls them dog treats with wings.. She is so silly sometimes..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Joe Stains said...

My Dad HATES bees and is totally scared of them. He has never even been bit by one but he is still scared!

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh no! Not bees! My mom is scared of them too! Stay away from them.

Congratulations on being nominated. We will go over and vote for you. You'all sure do have good stuff.

Husky HUgs, MayaMarie

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends!
Congratulations on your nomination!
Stay away from those bees! I've never seen one but my mom says they bite and hurt you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ashley said...

Looks like you been busy reading!!!

Maxy just won a contest and will be featured in an upcoming calendar!

We will be doing a drawing for FREE calendars. Just post a comment on our blog if you would like to be entered in the contest!

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Hi Comet... that means we'll just have to admire the beeeees from afar.

Congrats on the nomination!

Loves,
Tofu

Hana said...

Hey Comet, I know how to catch a bee. And I don't have to read a silly book on how to catch 'em! Well, um, maybe not catch it, but get close to it. First, let Mr. Bee position himself on the grass. Second, stick your nose in the grass. You are sure to catch a bee this way. I did, and I got stung!!!! Yes, in the nose!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hi buddies,

You have been nominated for Awesome Blog Award over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

Love
Opy