Monday, October 30, 2006

Doctor visit

I was so excited today. My girl came home early from work and got out my leash. What a wonderful surprise. I'm going to get to go someplace fun. I hope it is PetsMart! Since the duck is dead, I want to pick out another new toy.

Even better yet, I don't think Comet gets to come with me. That means I can pick out the toy I want and not the one he wants. Before my girl got out my leash, she told Comet to go in his crate and locked the door. Usually he jumps and makes it difficult for my girl to put on our leashes.

Once I had my leash, the girl opened the car door, let me in, then closed the door. Then she ran back in the house. I bet she went to get more money to buy me more toys! She came out a minute later and we were off for a ride. After a few minutes, we pulled up to a place that was NOT PetsMart. Hey! I remember this place. This is the doctor's office! I don't like this one bit.

The girl took me in and they tried to make me get on a scale. How rude! Asking a girl her weight is like asking her age. It just isn't good manners! I refused to get on the scale. My girl picked me up and put me on it! Hmmmph!

Then I went into the room to see the doctor. I heard the girl telling the doctor something about my hair thinning out. The doctor agreed that it looked a little thin, but only after taking my temperature. I'm not even going to tell you where they put that thermometer! How rude!

The doctor took me in the back room, then scraped some of my skin to check for mites, and took some blood for tests. At least they had the courtesy to give me a pedicure while I waited. The doctor told the girl that I didn't have mites or fleas, and it would be a couple of days before the blood test was back. I hope I pass the test!

I don't know how much it cost, but on the drive back, the girl kept calling me "expensive dog". It must have been my pedicure!
~~~BLU

No comments: